Sunday, May 13, 2012

happy mother's day

I sure am glad you decided three kids was a good number and kept me real clean and made me that handkerchief print dress  and bought me lace up Hush Puppies instead of penny loafers because they were too wide for my narrow feet. Like yours.  And taught me to eat real healthy whether you like it or not. In fact two important takeaways are: We all have to do things we don't want to (like smile, see below), and don't think too much of yourself (this was before they invented self-esteem).
This was Mom being silly. Because it's ridiculous to smile. This is also much much larger than life size.


The top photo in this group is my favorite of all time for so many reasons -- they all look so kind and gentle and like they genuinely love each other. I love the way my grandma is not looking at the camera, but rather at her only child, my mom. And her finger-waved hair. Grandma made all of mom's clothes, including the Little Comrade hat and coat, and the awesome harem pants/sweatpants. So prescient.

No comments: