Sunday, October 7, 2012

hurray for caffeine!

Here we are at the Unidale farmer's market, surrounded by peppers that could scorch dental work -- very picturesque. She's a student at St. Paul College, picking up some leaves and explosives and whatnot on her way home from class. We're also within striking distance of her get-up go-to, the Sallie Army.  This explains why I've never found one good thing there, particularly in size extra willowy.  I took this picture because I thought it might be among our last sentient moments, as the brisk wind from the smaller but still potent polar ice cap rattled our collective bones, immobilizing my picture clicking finger and my will to ever leave the house again.  Some people find this weather bracing,  others see it as the prelude to a six-month Norwegian opera with rye krisp and no bathroom breaks.

No comments: