Tuesday, April 30, 2013

city of light

See, that headline up there is a double entendre, referring both to the six megatons of sunlight, all of it above freezing (!), flooding our fair cities and to Paris where she lived and learned to put together bike + basket + skirt to make a charming way to carry your baguettes.
She described speaking English with a millionaire's daughter for a free apartment with Eiffel Tower views and trips to the Mediterranean, and I thought, Bon, very bon, and she tossed off like crumbs from a croissant,  It's never too late.  
Well you know how popular I am with French people, and my facility for the language which is nothing short of shocking, and lost in a reverie with an overbearing accordion soundtrack, I rode home and mucked around with rotten stuff in my jardin.

No comments: