Thursday, April 18, 2013

area yoga-practising mountain biker seen outside

Dude's not saluting the sun, unless by saluting the sun you mean shaking your fist vigorously at the sky, but he has that healthy glow.  Which he got at CorePower Yoga on Grand. He's a convert, I tell you,  and talked with missionary zeal about how the breathing and mindfulness and balance and fart-inducing core work transfer to mountain biking like fungus on a shower floor.  Actually he didn't mention mindfulness -- I added that because I was getting pretty worked up about the health benefits of yoga, to the point where I was about to dash in and take advantage of the first week free offer. But then I remembered I have been blacklisted, at least throughout Minnesota, for inappropriate nose laughing, snaughing, at a Bikram session about ten years ago -- I haven't been mindful or grounded since. Obviously.
 I did not immediately peg this guy for a yoga-practising mountain biker -- I noticed his small but relevant style moves.  Note the world of difference between your average my-most-important-commitment-today-is-to-SlimJims hoodie and this cute but manly sweater by Scotch & Soda.  And while he could have just done it with basic sweatshop-made footwear, he stepped out with sun-saluting sole sneakers by Tom.  Tom's.  Whatever.  Anyhoo, just talking with this guy was an uplifting experience, cleared my mind like huffing Vicks Vaporub.

No comments: