Monday, December 1, 2008


I feel compelled to stand sculpturally to best illustrate the sculptural quality of this Issey Miyake long jacket. Umhmm, got it at Savers today for $12.99, which was rather a splurge. It was not a yellow tag but it was incredible, so I caved but justified it with the three other yellow tag (99 cents) items I got for resale purposes. The whole raison d'etre for this Monday Savers run was to score big on the 99 cent specials, using extraordinary self-discipline to in fact focus only on those select items. Unfortunately the amazing pleating and spongey, stretchy Miyake magic caught my eye and took hold of my heart and credit card. Those darlings at Savers categorized it as sleepwear and this piece of art was hanging right next to a long, sheer and naughty but nice penoir of the fluffy mule genre. Very pinup and tempting but my ironclad control reasserted itself and I walked away.
The three less-than-dollar deals include a super tiny, extra trashy Hot Kiss puffer jacket that I'm insanely attracted to because of the assymetric, tight around the neck closing. Also some grey wash Paul and Joe For Target jeans and a watercolor somewhat Miami-looking silk skirt from New York and Company. I like them, but I'm not in love with them. I must walk like an Egyptian when I wear this Miyake thing. Ideally, to do the vibe justice, I should be into art, or at least the free cheese at gallery openings, and wear heavy black-framed glasses. I may not be able to fulfill its destiny.

No comments: