Tuesday, February 23, 2010

University of Minnesota


Ooooo I could have hugged this girl for her brilliant use of color. I mean, look at the landscape. She's a balm, an inspiration, a delight -- and she's warm, she reports. I'm particularly stuck on the scrunched down leg warmers over moccasins and the super-full, party-of-a-skirt. A pattern emerges. That's what I would name her ensemble, if I had to, and also what I've gotten out of the last two fashion weeks (the September and recent February runway marathons in NYC). And here I'd like to reference some Gucci stuff and the body tattoos at Rodarte in the fall but have once again gotten ahead of my tech skills. Anyhoo, me and the folks at Gucci and Rodarte are not afraid of pattern and mixing prints and neither is this woman at the U. So I think that's pretty strong stuff.

No comments: