Friday, March 19, 2010

boiled wool looks cute


I always associate a boiled wool jacket with my mom and an accompanying wool dirndl skirt. She liked material with "body"... so at least the clothes had some. At any rate, cute + boiled wool jacket would never have met in my mind until I spied this woman on Summit Ave. Not only did she un-dowdy the jacket, she's rocking her grandma's comfy loafers and still looks sassy. Well she is young and cute, so that may have something to do with it, but let's not discount the power of the very dark blue, slim and cuffed jeans, and the ruffled and sort of treasure map-printed tank that she made herself (!) She owns a screen printing business. If this was one of those Star magazine Who Wore It Better photos, I'd have to say this woman is wearing the living daylights out of the boiled wool jacket. Although the dirndl skirt wore my mom, hands down.

No comments: