Saturday, August 7, 2010

Glamorama


One of the first persons I intercepted outside the Orpheum was another street style blogger, the Minneapoline. Natch she would never publish a blink photo, but I would because I want you to notice her nice vintage trousers and wonderful lace-up boots. We agreed that opportunities, while not strictly street style in that attendees put a whole lot more thought into their statement than the average outing, came thick and fast. Another consensus was that the level of awareness of fashion, history, trends and workmanship has jumped even since last year at this event. I saw a lot more indie designers represented, vintage put together with current fearlessly and seamlessly, and experimentation with shape and fabric. Overall tight and short ruled the day with vertiginous heels almost universal.
Even more egregious than publishing a blink photo, I am here going to verbally describe my hands-down favorite dress that I missed due to camera failure (I could weep). It was a bit of fairy fancy worn by a tinkerbell who had just returned from an internship with Armani in Florence. Italy. She found the frock in a boutique in that city. The low-backed mini shift had a tulle overlay adorned with 18" ribbons and crystals. the neck and tracing the U-back were encrusted with crystals. The effect was sea nymph-mermaid (without the fins)-fairy of the deep, ethereal and sublime.

No comments: