Sunday, June 6, 2010

Grand...ma


Can you see the spark in this beautiful woman's eyes? She was here at Grand Old Days with her people -- children, grandchildren and great grandchild-- and pretty stoked about the whole show. She works with Habitat For Humanity and has helped build 2,000 (did I hear that right) houses over the years. Family, volunteering -- that's what keeps her going strong. She'll be 90 this October. She's turned out pretty sharp in the fitted blouse and awesomely tribal slacks (maybe Liz Claiborne, I couldn't keep up with her firehose of information). I actually asked her to stand still for the photo above. The first one I took, below, shows her in action and looking kind of sassy which is dead accurate. If I can be trotting two miles down the avenue with my people when I'm 89, I'll be satisfied.

1 comment:

JFConway said...

That's my Grandma Kaye. Would have loved to be part of her entourage. Thanks for making her grandson's day, while he's far away.