Monday, December 14, 2009

do you see what I see?


It's cold baby cold but not everyone at the U of M looked like the guy striding into the frame. I spied a bold zebra print skirt and some artisanally enhanced mukluks and it positively made my day. I am not going to sugarcoat -- it takes a lot of determination to carry through an ensemble that wards off a -22 degree wind chill, and salt and chemical slush, grips glassy inclines and is visually uplifting at the same time. These are nefarious times for MN stylers.
In fact, one of my favorite recent purchases, some sort of motorcycley boots with leather soles, did not pass muster on the very first brush with snow. I might as well have waxed the frozen and treadless soles, they were that slippery. You know those gray pebbly rubber ovals that women of an age stick on the soles of shoes for insty-grip but the sticky soles don't know when to stop gripping and they come to a real sudden stop on a patch of deep pile carpeting and she headers and breaks a hip? I might try those.

No comments: